Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Change

My dear but neglected food blog will have to change for two reasons: one, I don't have a home for now, at least not my own, all my kitchen stuff is packed up, can't use the kitchen to do the photo tutorials I intended; second, my camera is not working so well, that means I can't shot many pictures at once, therefore the photos have to be kept to a small number.

Today with Sue's birthday present, my new bento rice molds, made a vegan meal.
Sushi rice filled with carrot, onion, garlic, cilantro, parsley and red bell pepper (boiled with a pinch of sea salt) and soy meat. The rice was cooked in water with some condiments (blended so they would be very small), parsley, cilantro and ají dulce.
Making the soy meat is very simple, just fried some garlic, shallot, parsley, cilantro, ginger, red bell pepper, "ají dulce" (capsicum chinese), with half a teaspoon of sea salt, dash of freshly ground pepper and two teaspoons of curry, then add the soy meat (previously hydrated for 20 minutes in boil water) and some tomatoes, also two teaspoons of tomato paste. Cook it for about fifteen minutes over low heat, let it set for 5 minutes, then add the vinegar (I don't have the special one, just mixed 6 tbs of vinegar, one tbs sugar, half teaspoon sea salt).

I was yummy! Even dad, a declared carnivorous asked for a second plate...

Tomorrow, Smoked pork chop.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I enjoy reading your opinions and ideas ;)